This week has been CHAOS if I could pick a word. As most people know, I like to plan things to a T...and that didn't work out so well this time. Alas, we did have a good Halloween. I was called to leave work early Monday because Morgan had a fever, which ended up being he flu. Either Nate or myself missed almost the entire work week. I worked a whopping two days, one being yesterday which was the weirdest Friday considering I hadn't been there much of the week. Fortunately, my students did great and everything flowed smoothly at school.
We still took Tessa trick or treating in Charleston Park, our old neighborhood. She loved it this year and was contantly in motion, running from house to house. Still shy, but she sure did enjoy it. Too bad Morgan didn't get to dress up. He had an awfully cute giraffe costume to wear!
By the end of the week, he was finally fever free and perked up a bit. He even managed to play some with the Snoopy balloon MetLife gave us at closing. (It was a HUGE balloon).
This one is from a couple weeks ago at Logan's birthday. (Tessa ran onto their pool cover and got her original outfit wet and this summer dress was all I had. Jenna, their cousin, LOVES Morgan.
Tessa had a Halloween party at school that both Mommy and Daddy managed to make it too. She loved dressing up in her costume and enjoying some yummy treats with her friends.
And their were more Halloween festivities to be had at the yearly Halloween/Birthday celebration for Nate and his two stepbrothers. This year, the kids all decorated cupcakes and built Halloween houses. They really got into the decorating, but I'm pretty sure only a house or two were still standing by the end.
Here are two more from trick or treating. Tessa loved the bowls where you could just take one so she didn't have to talk to strangers. I had to laugh, as one bowl said take one and my little stinker took two. (She put it back).
And these are from two weeks ago at a little break in our furniture shopping adventure. The kids needed a change to run around, so to Sharon Woods we went for some energy exhaustion. We went furniture shopping many, many times to find a new family room set with intent to put our old stuff from when we were first engaged 7 years ago in the finished basement. Of course, that was one of the many things that didn't go as planned; the couches wouldn't fit down the stairs after lots and lots of maneuvering, door removal, etc. So now, they are in the formal living room, the new couches are still going in the family room, and we are off to furniture shop again, this time for a sectional.
All in all, we are finally in the new house, getting settled and unpacking, and hoping for things to calm down now.

No comments:
Post a Comment