Monday, March 5, 2012

Low Key Weekend

We didn't do much this weekend. We stayed inside and near our house for the most part, with a few quick side trips. The kids jumped on the bed with Daddy (no, we do not normally let them jump on the bed). But at least it has a guard rail, right? Ha ha...
Tessa was really into puzzles this weekend. We did several over the course of the weekend, sometimes having two going at the same time.
They attempted to watch a show together in one sleeping bag. (This did not last long).
Probably one of the highlights was an impromptu visit to the Disney store. I read an online tip that when traveling to Disney a good cost cutter was buying souvenirs ahead of time from the Disney store because the prices are significantly cheaper than in the parks. I never would have thought of this on my own, even though it is amazingly simple. So this weekend, I got them each 4 keepsakes from our trip (that we haven't even been on, but I know they'll love). I kind of watched what they had their eye on and then ordered it online later, plus personalized mouse ears for both of them. We also happened to walk in as they were about to start an in-store parade. Unfortunately Nate was still parking the car, and these were the best pictures I could get, juggling two kids, three coats, a diaper bag, and trying to help Morgan with his mask. Anyways, it was pretty adorable. My shy one walked right up to the Disney employee in charge when she held up the Cinderella mask and raised her hand saying, "I'll take Cinderella, please." For a girl who doesn't like to talk to strangers, this was pretty great.
Morgan hung back and took Winnie the Pooh. He was super excited to put on his mask and surprisingly also enjoyed marching (they must march at day care? Will have to ask today..)
Afterwards they sat down for some good 'ol Buzz, Woody, and Cars coloring. Morgan actually recognizes and names most of the Toy Story characters now, so I think those will be his favorite at Disney. He does (to Nate's dismay) also enjoy the princesses. Last night was Morgan's night to pick a movie before bed. Of all the movies we have, he chose....Tangled (or 'Punzel according to Morgan). Love it!
Saturday night we visited with my parents for awhile and had a yummy dinner and Sunday consisted or some more puzzles.
And some professional salon quality nail-painting. Tessa polished every single one of my toes. Not too bad (if we're talking about staying on the nail). A bit colorful, but they'll be covered, as it has finally decided to snow, in March mind you!
Today marks the first day of the third trimester and I get to meet my last group of students for the year. I loved my second trimester students and was sad to see them go. I'd like to thank pinterest for my two new get-to-know you games - Jenga with get-to-know you questions (C.P.) and www.tagxedo.com for silhouette-inspired wordles (Honors). Hoping third trimester is just as great as second!

No comments: