I feel like we've been pretty lucky with Tessa so far. While she has had her fair share of bumps, bruises, and skinned knees, it's never been anything a little TLC and a Band-Aid couldn't solve. So when our school receptionist hunted me down on field day saying my babysitter needed me to call her and that the baby was screaming in the background, I immediately thought something was wrong with Morgan. But when I got her on the phone, the "baby" screaming was my almost three-year-old and Kelly informed me that she had cut her lip open on a table and she thought Tessa might need stitches. I found my principal, informed my team, and ran to get her. Let's just say it was a bloody sight. We changed her and hopped in the car. I was very thankful that the pediatrician could do the stitches right there in the office and we didn't have to head to the hospital. It was definitely painful to watch her pinned down by two nurses to get the stitches, especially when she just kept crying for me to hold her. All in all, her lip looks a lot better now that it is stitched up. As soon as they were finished, Tessa said, "Mommy, I want to go to field day at Mommy's school." Who could say no to that? So we got her some lunch and I took her to watch some of field day and then home for a nap. Seeing her survive this reassured me about the hospital tests though. Those are scheduled for Sept. 30th...


1 comment:
Yikes! I saw her yesterday with you in the arena and wondered what was going on. Glad you survived stitches and that they could do it right at the pediatrician's office so you didn't have to go to urgent care. Hope it heals fast.
Post a Comment