Cincinnati had the heat wave last week, and it seems to be back here in Minnesota. Not quite as hot as it was two weeks ago, but still...pretty darn hot. We've actually been staying inside a lot over the past couple days, as it is too darn hot to do much outside unless it involves water or eating a popsicle. I decided to try taking the kids to the park at the end of the street after dinner, thinking it may have cooled down a bit. After about a half hour, both of their faces looked like tomatoes, so after a couple of juice boxes, we loaded up the wagon and headed home. While we were gone, our next door neighbor had turned on his sprinklers for the lawn and these two had a blast running through the water. I guess I should say I did too, as I was thoroughly soaked by the end as well. (Morgan kept trying to run into the street).
Morgan also discovered Tessie's Ariel trike in the garage and insisted it come inside. When I say insist, I mean temper tantrum body throwing. Isn't he still a little young for those?
Since we FINALLY have our computer back, Tessa has been really into playing Dora games on it. It is a bit of an obsession with her. She doesn't seem to want to do much else.
While we were at the park yesterday, Morgan actually tried a non-baby swing. Don't worry, he didn't go high and he held on. The boy loved it!
And here's Tessa when she first saw the sprinklers. Cute!
Don't know why the pictures are out of order. Clearly, they are taken in order, and downloaded in order into iPhoto. I must be making a mistake somewhere. Alas, Happy August!12 days until my visit to O-H-I-O! Can't wait!


1 comment:
Hopefully it will be much cooler here by the time you get back. Have a safe trip!
Also, has Tessa ever played on pbskids.org? Cate LOVES that site. The games are pretty self explanatory.
Post a Comment