Well, it looks like my goal will be posting about once a week...I think that's about all I can manage these days. We had another great weekend, filled with all sorts of activities. Saturday morning I proctored the ACT...hello $125 Visa check card! Saturday afternoon, my parents came over and my mom and I took the kids to the park and then we all went to Red Robin for dinner. Yum!
Sunday was a VERY exciting day. Ever since we have moved back from Minnesota, our bed has had problems. I think it was incorrectly assembled, coupled with our kids jumping on the bed despite our warnings. So basically it has broken several times. Saturday night it broke so badly that our mattress was a total slant onto the floor and a chunk of the wood came out of one of the rails. We decided it was time for a new bed. And since our mattress honestly is probably older than we are, we decided it was finally time for that as well. I cannot wait. We got a pillowtop mattress and starting September 22nd we will hopefully be sleeping like babies. And best of all, we upgraded to a king. Go big or go home! We all too often have little visitors appear in our bed at 5 a.m. so the extra space will be much appreciated. Tessa and Morgan enjoyed playing on this bed, that had a remote control to raise and lower their feet and heads. (We did not buy this one).
After our big purchase, we headed upstairs to Barnes and Noble where I was happy to see the kids playing with the puppets. (They may be getting a Melissa and Doug puppet theatre from Santa this year...)
Sunday afternoon I took the kids to Iron's Fruit Farm so Nate could enjoy some NFL football. We managed to survive the corn maze in good spirits. (75 minutes total to make it through). We also saw some animals, took a hayride, and celebrated our successful venture through the corn maze with some apple cider.
A great weekend - I love fall and all the activities that come with it!











1 comment:
The cooler weather was so nice while it lasted. Hope it comes back soon. Enjoy the new bed. We need a new mattress and have been putting it off b/c the thought of mattress shopping right now totally overwhelms me.
Post a Comment