Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

Last weekend was a busy one. I feel like we are just cramming in every ounce of summer that we can...and the clock is ticking. I am back to work tomorrow for a two-hour inservice, a whole day Friday, and the kids come Monday. Eek! That is soon!

Friday night was my friend Rochelle's 30th birthday party and Tessa helped me celebrate while Nate's mom watched Morgan and Nate went to the Reds game. All of us in different places and I'm pretty sure we all had a great time, especially Tessa. The party was a pool party and she was in heaven. Tessa was the oldest kid there and had a blast jumping in, floating on the rafts, eating chocolate cake, etc. This was the only picture I took all night, as we were in the pool the majority of the evening.
Saturday morning Tessa engaged in some Ab Ripper X (P90x) with Mommy. She is hysterical trying to do sit ups with Mommy. And Mommy is working hard to get back in shape post-Morgan. Still have about 3 pounds to go (Which I know is not a ton fellow mommies, but I want it gone!)
And then there was soccer. Background: Tessa has been asking to play soccer for a good 5 months now. She's mesmerized by kids playing soccer at the park and has her whole soccer career planned out. "When Tessa is three, Tessa can play soccer. I want PaPa to come watch. Tessa will score a goal." She was pretty repetitive with these statements...and she totally got the age of three from me, because I really did think youth soccer began at three. Fast forward a bit and I discover that the age actually is four to play youth soccer in Mason/Deerfield Township. Oops. Anyways, we received a flyer in the mail about a program called Lil Kickers. And it happens to be really close to our house at an indoor field. And you can play starting at 18 months. We took Tessa for a free class this weekend and she had a great time. It was nice seeing her so active - she normally gets a lot of outdoor exercise, but it has been much more limited this summer due to the extreme heat and having to keep Morgan inside. The next session begins in early September and we just may have to sign Tessa up. Here she is running with Daddy across the field.
Warmup drills (toe touches on the soccer ball).
And this shows that she still has some learning to do....no holding the ball during soccer, Tessa!

Good thing we have our own soccer ball (pink, of course) to practice with at home.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I need Tessa to exercise with me too! Tessie, we can't wait to watch you play soccer.