Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sickness

He actually doesn't look too snotty in this picture, but oh, he was!
Tessa cracked me up with how good a renactment she did of changing her baby's diaper yesterday. She does it just like Mommy does, right down to holding both legs up with one hand and putting all the "wipes" in the diaper before rolling the diaper up.

When we found out that Nate was switching jobs, figuring out how we would be insured without a lapse was no easy task. In all, we are ending up with a four day layover between coverage, though we can always pay the COBRA coverage if we need medical care in the next four days and maintain coverage. And our course, BOTH our kids wanted one final trip to the doctor on our former health insurance plan. I received a text from our sitter saying Morgan had a fever on Friday and that evening he was a mess. No sleep, crying fits...you could tell he didn't feel well. Nate came home for the weekend to a crying mess of a baby. On the positive, I had him to help out. I ended up taking Morgan to the doctor on Sunday where he was diagnosed with a doozy of an ear infection and bronchitis. I planned to stay home Monday with him and send Tessa to the sitter so I could possibly catch up on some sleep. Unfortunately, Tessa also woke up with a raspy cough on Monday (our last day on the current insurance) so I had to take her to the doctor as well. Lo and behold, bronchitis! On the bright side, at least I was able to get both trips in before our four-day hiatus and I got tot stay home with my babies for a day. Now, let's wrap those kids in bubble wrap and say some prayers for good health. I think things are looking up. Morgan actually slept last night. Tessa, on the other hand, was up at least three times because she thought there were spiders in her bed? Do nightmares start around this age?

(And sorry about the poor picture quality. Both are off my cell phone...I've been doing an awful job of taking pictures recently)

2 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

Fingers crossed for the next four days. Glad they are on the mend. Cate has had a few bad dreams in the last couple of months too.

Rosalie Helmick said...

And to think soon my daily joy will be looking at the pictures of these babies on your blog. You sure better improve at picture taking.