Sunday, May 3, 2009

Derek was Wrong....


As Nate so often likes to quote, "Derek was wrong again."  This weekend was supposed to be miserable.  It was supposed to be rainy and cold.  Well all in all, this weekend was gorgeous!  We had such a great weekend...and Nate did not work at all this weekend!  It was so wonderful having a chock-full weekend of family time.  Saturday morning we took an impromptu trip to the zoo.  We had planned to head to the children's museum, but due to the unexpected warm weather, we decided to head to the zoo.  It wasn't crowded at all, and for the first time, we carried Tessa the entire time and let her check out all the animals.  She was really into it.  While she napped in the afternoon, Nate and I painted the family room.  It is brown.  I had originally painted just an accent wall brown, but we liked it so much, we decided to go for the whole room.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, especially after finishing the touch-ups this evening.  Next room...Tessa's big girl room.  I bought the paint today!

This is a picture of Tessa with her best friend, Lucy.  She still isn't saying Lucy, but her vocabulary is definitely expanding, and her articulation is actually becoming clearer.  From my memory, she is now saying: book, dog, hi, bye, ball, down, dog, mom, dad, bubbles (Thanks, Sarah), and did I mention dog?  She might have a wee bit of an obsession with dogs.  This afternoon, Tessa and I took several trips across the street to visit Chelsea, a sweet King Cavalier Spaniel whom Tessa loves to pet.  Today exhausted Nate and I.  The little one is on a really great schedule, but sometimes gets a little off if she falls asleep in the car.  Today was one of those days.  She fell asleep on the way home from the marathon and got a 30 minute catnap from 9:30-10.  That was the ONLY nap she took.  All. Day. Long! And it wasn't without effort.  After she failed to fall asleep, I took her on a car ride to Lowes with an extra long return route.  When that didn't work, we took a long walk.  And when that didn't work, we thought for sure she'd fall asleep on the way to my parents for dinner.  Nada.  She made it until 7:00.  She is the Energizer Bunny...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the weather cooperated for the World's Biggest Fan of Outside. It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. I'm excited you went for 100 percent brown in the fam room and that it looks good. Are you counting bubble as a word in Tessa's vocab yet?

The Palmer Family Blog said...

Oh, good call. She is definitely saying "bubbles" too. I'll add it to the list!