Tessa has a thing for ducks. It was the second animal she correctly identified (after dog) and she spends more time at the local park chasing ducks than she does on the playground. So when I saw a duck in our neighbor's backyard today, I got very excited. Tessa and I grabbed two pieces of bread to feed the duck, the camera...and in a moment of wistful thinking for a cute video, the flip camera. We went into our neighbor's backyard, and as we got closer, saw that there was a baby duck. No wonder the mama wasn't moving. Tessa threw the bread towards the duck and it still didn't move. I was thinking how we were probably scaring the mama duck to death. Tessa continued to talk to the duck, and we even took a video.
And then a few minutes later, I realized the duck was plastic. Who would have thought that? I wonder where the new lawn ornament came from. At least now I know, and Tessa still enjoyed saying hi to the mama and baby duck. I don't think she realized they weren't real. On another note, perhaps I need to get my eyes checked again. I really thought it was a live duck, though I am embarrassed to admit that now. Nate walked right up to it and said, "You know that's fake, right?" I think I gave him a good chuckle when I told him the truth.


4 comments:
I am laughing pretty hard!
I hate to ruin the movie Titanic for you... but the boat sinks in the end.
Oh, my!
OK that's pretty funny. I can just picture you guys throwing bread at the plastic duck.
Post a Comment